Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hear Ye Hear Ye: More Sketches!

These are some recent pages from my observational drawing sketchbook; it is mostly drawings of Lindsey! I also keep a sketchbook that is for working out more complex images in a rough, nuts and bolts way. My next post will be some of those more clunky sketches and the (eventually) more streamlined results that follow from them.


This is Lindsey on the day I proposed (August 19th) and getting her hair cut in proximity to a girl who had raccoon/tiger stripes in her hair.


These are the food carts right across from where I work. The one on the left is everyone else's favorite but I go to the one on the right because they are 98 percent as good and 60 percent faster.

I have been working very steadily on a host of commercial projects lately. Most of them unfortunately, come with an NDA that prevents me from sharing that work here but I have been sketching in my little observational journal when time allows. I thought I might post a few of my doodles until I can get some of the flashier work approved for public consumption.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Benjamin
    Re. your many tragic images, may I say ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!
    I feel you may enjoy the following:http://www.alessonislearned.com/index.php?comic=36
    Its pretty much my favourite thing ever.
    Sincerely
    Rev. Alex Brady Esq.

    ReplyDelete