Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Nostalgia Cake!

My Fitness trainer Paul (yes I have one) asked if I could draw a design/scene for the top of a cake, to be served at he and his sister's shared birthday celebration. It didn't have to be fancy because it was going to be printed in edible frosting. He sent me a little rough sketch that featured a few golden oldies of the 80's which represented their shared childhood fun.

I did my best to elaborate on that sketch in the shortest possible time-frame; I used the same technique for the final image that I do for storyboarding which involves composting of carefully chosen imagery and then essentially tracing out only the right lines. It took about 4 hours to compose it, draw all the characters and color it. It was a ton of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment